are interested in a puppy from Meadow Farm Mastiffs, please fill out this
puppy inquiry form as a way of introducing yourself to us, giving us
information about you before we contact you by telephone. This form also
explains what kind of homes we choose to place our puppies in.
Our first priority is
that our puppies live full and happy lives in a home with people who love
them. We try our best to place puppies only in the most loving and
responsible of homes and this inquiry form helps us in that process. Our
puppies will always come back to us if they need to be re-homed- or to
homes that we have approved who are willing to sign and honor our puppy
Puppies placed as 'companion only' cost
less, will be spayed or neutered and are placed with limited registration.
registration only limits the dog from conformation events and breeding-
though we strongly encourage obedience training for all of our dogs.
Mastiffs are a working breed and are happiest when they have a 'job' to do
with/for their owners.
1. Your name, and the name of any other adults
in your household and any Mastiff Club affiliation.
2. Your street address and contact telephone numbers
w/best time of day to call
3. List Your Email Addresses and your website if you have one
4. How long have you lived at this address? If less than two years,
list previous address
5. Name and contact information for your veterinarian - (even if you
currently have no pets list the vet you have used in the past if there was
a time when you did have pets.)
6. Have you ever owned an English Mastiff before? If
so from who did you purchase your Mastiff and when? tell us about him or
her. How many years have you owned English Mastiffs?
7. Do you have any other dogs and if so, what
breeds and ages, neutered or spayed or if not, why not.
8. Do you have any children? What are their
9. Why do you want an English Mastiff? Do you
want a puppy with show potential or do you want strictly a companion dog?
(Our show potential puppies are sold on co-ownerships to prevent
irresponsible breeding or change of ownership. All companion puppies are
placed on a limited registration and must be spayed or neutered.)
10. What are your goals and expectations for the
puppy whether it be for show potential or as a pet? Also, do you feel
financially prepared for the care of a Mastiff?
11. If you are looking for a puppy that you
could show, what experience, if any, have you had with dog showing? Do you
enjoy owner- handling or do you use a professional handler? Describe any
past experiences you have had with dog showing and your future plans.
12. Where would the puppy spend his or her time
days/nights? Inside or outside?
13. Is someone home during the day at your house?
Please describe the living situation for the puppy. How many hours daily
would the dog be left alone? If no one is at home during the days
would you plan for someone to come into your home to let the puppy in and
out during the potty training stage? (A Doggy daycare if run properly, can
be an excellent choice for working new puppy parents as well.)
14. Is there a particular sex and/or color of puppy
15. Please list THREE personal references (if you
already have a veterinarian you can count this as one) with their
addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. We need to know what your
relationship is to the references and how long they have known you. These
personal references will be contacted.
16. Do you have any specific questions or comments ?
We will call you to visit on the telephone after receipt of this
application. Please be patient, a new litter of puppies absolutely
consumes our time for the first few weeks and time for telephoning is
scarce. But we will get to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your
inquiry and for your patience.